For my friend's 'Enchanted Forest' baby shower that I hosted, I hand made the invitations. I think they turned out super cute!
To make the outside of the invitation, I started with some cloud paper and cut it to fit the top 2/3 of the card. I cut a piece of green textured cardstock to fit the bottom 1/3 of the card and used my Fiskars grass punch to cut out the grass design.
The deer and the owl were cut using my Cricut and the 'Create a Critter' cartridge. This has got to be one of my favorite cartridges. The critters are so cute!
I printed the saying onto vellum, cut it out and attached it with Terrifically Tacky Tape. I made a small bow with blue ribbon and used the Terrifically Tacky Tape to attach the bow to the vellum. This also worked to hide the piece of tape I used to attach the vellum to the card.
On the inside, I was originally planning on printing the invitation information directly to the blank card, but my printer would jam every time I would feed one through. So, I improvised and printed out the details on plain white cardstock and adhered it to the inside of the card.
Labels: Crafts, scrapbooking