If you blog or follow any blogs, you probably know what Pinterest is. If not, it is basically a virtual "pin board". Like a cork board you would have hanging on your wall with magazine cut outs or ideas from books that you have "pinned" up there. Once on Pinterest, you download this little "Pin It" application for your browser and then any webpage you go to you can "pin" any picture you see on that page.
It is oh so addicting!
When I first heard about it, I thought - oh, what's the big deal? But it is awesome. Instead of trying to write a description to bookmark something, you actually see a picture of what the item is. And you can organize these pins into different boards. I am a visual person so this really helps me.
Some of my boards are:
Want to follow me on Pinterest? Click here!
I get a ton of great ideas for projects when checking out other blogs and this is a quick easy way to keep track of them all. And then I don't have to worry about thinking, "Now where did I see the idea for that really great ________." The best part of it all is it keeps the original link to where the picture came from. So easy!
Here are a couple of projects I have in the works that were inspired by other bloggers that I plan to do soon:
Oh, and if you blog, you can add your own projects to a board (mine is called 'Laura's Crafty Life'). It is one more way to lead people to your blog. That is always a good thing!
I still have some invitations left if you need one. Just shoot me an email at laurascraftylife@gmail.com.
But don't say I didn't warn you that it is a huge time sucker, especially if you are a procrastinator like myself!!
Labels: blogger, pinterest