We have very tall, angled ceilings throughout our house. Our closet is no exception. We have this big blank spot on either side of the top of our walk in closet. So a trip to Lowe's was in order. For right around $20 I was able to buy a wire shelf that would fit into the space above my folded clothes. (Some handywork by my hubby was needed to cut the shelf to the right length).
I would have loved to put in a wooden shelf, but that would not have fit with the rest of the metal wire shelves we already have in our closet. And a total closet renovation is out of the budget at this time. The pink bins are foldable fabric bins I had purchased to organize my daughter's room that were not being used. They house the extra small stuff that would fall through the wires.
 |
Dental supplies (pretty much all free)
Toothpaste, floss, toothbrushes |
 |
Razors (usually less than $2.00)
Sample sizes of soaps and lotions and pantyliners (all free) |
I still store some of the overflow under my husband's side of the sink, but at least I don't have ALL that stuff shoved under there anymore!
 |
| Basket under the hubby's sink (purchased from the Dollar Tree) |
Do you have wasted space in your house that can be used for storage? At the top of a closet? By installing some extra shelves? Maybe install a shelf above a windowsill or door?
What creative options have you come up with to get organized and store your stuff?