Okay, so I know I promised to share my cleaning schedule with you this week, but it is not going to happen. I still have not figured out what will work yet. But I promise I am working on it.
I do, however, have some of my schedules worked out. These are a work in progress (as is life). But they do seem to be helping create some order in our day. I find this to be very challenging as a stay-at-home-mom. There is no clocking in and out. There is no definite times that things have to be done. I really have struggled with this ever since I started staying home with my firstborn.
For me: The following are my morning and evening routines. This is the stuff I try to get done between taking care of my two kids, age 4 and 1. You will notice for the most part I don't have specific times listed. This is because I try to get it all done while the kids are busy playing and this can vary from day to day.
Morning Routine
Feed dog/fish/cats
Make beds
Start a load of laundry
Empty and/or load dishwasher
Defrost something for dinner
{T and Th} Thomas to school (8:10 - 11:45)
(Run errands while Thomas is in school)
Chores
Outside time (walk, play outside) (9:00 – 10:00)
During Olivia’s nap (12:00- 2:30ish)
- laundry in dryer
- start another load of laundry {if needed}
- workout
- one on one time with Thomas
- computer work
Afternoon/Evening Routine
Start dinner between 4:00 – 4:30
Feed dog (5:00)
Dishes, wipe kitchen counters
Pick up house
Sweep or vacuum floors
Fold laundry, put away {if needed}
Bath time for kids
After kids go to bed (7:00)
- finish any chores that need to be done
- work on crafts/projects
- time with my husband
Following are a list of additional things that I do on certain days of the week or month:
Weekly/Monthly list
Sunday
Empty all trash cans and recycling
Clean cat box
Water outside shrubs/trees
{Summer – every week, other seasons – once a month}
Update planner/calendar for week
Monday
Trash and recycling to curb
Wash dog’s bowls
Refill cat’s water dish
Clean & fill hummingbird feeder {Summer}
Tuesday
Errands
Wednesday
Clean cat box
Plan menu
Write grocery list
Thursday
Grocery shopping
Friday
Balance checkbook
Pay bills
Clean cat box
Saturday
Pick up dog poop
Wipe down table, chairs, grill {outside}
Sweep front/back porch
1st and 15th of month
Water inside plants
File/shred papers
For the kids: I purchased a chart called a "Class Scheduler" at the Dollar Tree for only $1 that I listed the schedule for my kids on. This makes it easy for everyone to know what is happening next in the day. I might make a nicer one someday, but for now this is working fine (you write on it with a dry erase marker).
I was able to draw the big and little hands on the blank clocks as well as the numbers for my son. I might try to add some clip art pictures for him, since he can't read yet. But again, this is working for now.
There is a lot of playtime on this schedule, but Thomas is allowed 2 hours of "screen time" per day that fits in during the play times. In an ideal world I would love for him to watch less TV but since he doesn't take naps anymore, this keeps my sanity.
What do your routines look like?
Labels: Task Management Tuesday