For my son's Lego Batman party, I knew I wanted to make some action word signs to hang up all around our backyard as decorations.
I got my inspiration for the signs from here.
I knew I could make these relatively easily with my Cricut and a little bit of time.
For each sign I used black cardstock, a solid color cardstock (red, yellow or blue), and my Cricut machine.
I started by cutting the black cardstock using the Creative feature "shadow" key for each shape. Then I cut the shape in the same size in either red, blue or yellow cardstock (this time not using the shadow feature). This gave a black outline around each solid colored shape. I glued the two pieces together.
The letters were cut in black cardstock using the Cricut. I glued on the letters, overlapping and altering the placement of the letters.
For the above shapes, I used the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge. It is the 'blast' shape. I made the shapes various sizes ranging from 5 - 6".

For the font, I used the Doodletype cartridge.
For the other shapes I used the
Accent Essentials cartridge. I used the 'Accnt9s' shape. I used the Plantin SchoolBook font for this sign.
Ideas for action words:
- bam
- bang
- bonk
- boom
- crash
- crunch
- kapow
- ooof
- plop
- pow
- smack
- smash
- splatt
- thwack
- whack
- wham
- zap
You could also make these by cutting them out free-hand and using rub-on or sticker letters. It would just take more time to cut out the shapes by hand.
Best part about this project:
Project cost: FREE! - I had all the paper and cartridges already on hand.
Labels: Crafts, inexpensive, Lego Batman party, scrapbooking