There is Still Time to Plant Bulbs

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bulbs. Dig, Drop, Done.. All opinions are 100% mine.

I am not sure if you know this about me, but I am a plant killer. I am getting MUCH better, but no plant used to be safe around me. The ironic thing is, I love plants. I have come to terms with the fact that I am a much better outdoor gardener than an indoor one. Mind you, the houseplants are doing okay, but they are incredibly difficult to kill varieties.

The outside, though, is my pride and joy. But, as much as I love having pretty flowers and a beautiful yard, I am low maintenance. I don’t want to spend a bunch of time planting each year. That is why I have always strayed away from annuals. I have a couple of small planters that house my annuals, but the rest of my yard is filled with perennials. After the initial investment, you do the work once, and you are done.

This is why I was so excited when I first started using bulbs. You just plant them, and wait for them to come up. I always enjoy the first signs of life in the spring when my tulips and daffodils make their appearances.

Bulbs are so easy to use. And they are incredibley versatile. The holidays are fast approaching. And this means gift giving time.  With bulbs you can create really wonderful, inexpensive gifts. Here are a couple of ideas I found on Pinterest for a perfect gift!


Source: nobiggie.net via Laura on Pinterest



Source: according-to-kelly.com via Laura on Pinterest


Bulbs are great if you have kids too! My kids love to help me. This spring my son was out there with us helping to dig holes and put the bulbs and plants in the ground. Here is a simple activity you can do with your kids year round. From the Dig Drop Done website:

First you take your pot (let the kids decorate them with markers for a more personalized look) and cover the bottom with a layer of pebbles. Then pack in the bulbs. Fit in as many as you can, paperwhites love a crowd, making sure the pointy end is facing up on each. Next, add another layer of pebbles around and between the bulbs being sure to leave the top of the bulbs exposed. Finally, add enough water to come just up to the bottom of the bulbs (not all the way to the top or they will rot) and you're done!


Have you checked out Dig Drop Done yet? It is great website if you are just getting started with bulbs or even if you are a pro. They offer so many helpful tips and ideas – when to plant, photo inspiration, a bulb calendar and so much more. visit www.digdropdone.com to learn more

They even have three ladies with different personalities and lifestyles. Choose the one that matches you and get some helpful information for YOUR life! The one I related to most with was “Marcy”.

Marcy from Dig Drop Done

She is a Super Mom! She has a busy life with three kids and doesn’t have much time for gardening. She tries to find ways to simplify her life. I feel like this most of the time! Her busy life lends perfectly to planting with bulbs. You just dig a hole, drop them in the ground and you are done!

And now that you are a bulb expert, you have to go checkout Curbside Chaos. They are having a contest called “Bulbs, Dig, Drop, Done.”. It is an educational effort designed to get women excited about how easy and beautiful bulbs are. You can win a $5,000 yard makeover. (Who couldn’t use a yard makeover?) All you have to do is submit a photo of your yard at CurbsideChaos.com. Not only could you win a makeover, but also a visit from Taniya Nayak (@TaniyaNayak on Twitter). She will give you tips on how to update your yard and offer creative ideas for incorporating bulbs into your landscape.

Be sure to enter and share about this contest! For every share on Twitter, "Bulbs. Dig, Drop, Done." will donate $1.00 to Rebuilding Together - the nation’s leading nonprofit, working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities.

While you are at Curbside Chaos, check out their ‘Garden Guru’. It takes all the guess work out of what to plant and when. You choose your country, your location, the type of bulb you want to grow and the Planting Guide will show you how to plant your bulb.

I chose ‘Chionodoxa’ to bloom in April. They are so pretty and we don’t have much blue in our landscape.

Curbside Chaos Garden Guru

Awesome, right?

So check out the websites and get those bulbs planted. I know if you live in the Southwest like I do, you can usually plant all the way through December!

Visit Sponsor's Site