Scrapbook Layout: First Crawl

For those of you that read my blog regularly, you may know that I love to scrapbook. But, I have a confession to make. I have not been scrapbooking at all lately. In fact, the layout I am going to share with you today I did about six months ago! Yikes!

I love doing DIY projects and other crafts, but I really want to get back into scrapbooking. I thought by sharing some of my older layouts with you it will inspire me to get going on it again! And it seemed only fitting to share the last layout I finished.

As a side note - I am doing a scrapbook for each of my kids for each year of their lives. It is a pretty large undertaking, but I know I will have more time when they are both in school. They are 5 and 2 years old right now. But, also, to let you know how behind I am. This layout is from my son's first year of life and he is almost 5 1/2 now! I better get going, huh?

This is a layout I did of his first time crawling. He managed to figure out how to use those arms and legs, and put it all together while we were at a camping trip/archery tournament for my husband!



I used a blue-ish background paper for the main page. I used yellow textured cardstock to mount the three pictures on the left and patterned plaid paper behind the main photo. I used ribbon between each photo on the left. 


The letters are all pre-printed chipboard letters in two different styles. I used my old school label maker to create the date on the main picture.



I hand wrote on the info of where the pictures were taken with a white gel pen. 



Just looking at this layout makes me feel so sentimental. Here is my little guy learning to crawl, and yesterday I just registered him for kindergarten! I can't believe it!

If you have any scrapbook layouts to share, I would love to see them. You can post a link in the comments. 

What inspires you to scrapbook?



Labels: