Declutter Challenge Update No. 4

The Declutter Challenge is over! Basically, to prepare for a yard sale I had this last Saturday, I challenged myself to find 15 items to declutter for 15 days. This would allow me to purge 225 unused, unloved items from my home. These items could go in the trash, to the yard sale, be listed on Craigslist, or donated to Goodwill.

The days sort of jumbled all together for which items I decluttered on what days. So, I will share what pictures I have and then try to remember all of the other items that were purged for the last 10 days of the challenge. You can also read about the first five days of decluttering.

declutter challenge 1
Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 13

declutter challenge 2
Trash:
Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 10
declutter challenge 3
Recycle:
Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 17

declutter challenge 4
Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 13

declutter challenge 5

Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 3

declutter challenge 6

Yard Sale/Donate:
Total items: 36

That is all I have for pictures. I had fully intended on getting pictures of everything, but life with two small kids allows me only to work in short bursts on a whim! I didn’t always remember to grab the camera when I was in the middle of it! We went through my husband’s clothes and threw out about 15 items of clothing that were beyond repair and added to the yard sale/donate pile another 21 items. I had a bag of baby bottles (there were 5), a toaster and our old wireless router.

Total items: 43

This is in addition to all the yard sale stuff we had stored in our shed from our yard sale flop last fall.

The grand total for the 15 days of decluttering is 228! My goal was 225 items, so I was able to get a few extra items in there.

Our yard sale was a success! We made over $100, which is think is pretty good for having most items priced at a quarter a piece! I ended up taking about 7 or 8 boxes of stuff to Goodwill to donate. I did not want any of it back in my house. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday putting my house back together and cleaning – it was sorely neglected with all the yard sale prep. I have organized peace and calm in my home again.

If you followed along with me or are just joining in, I would love to hear how you did/are doing in the comments!

If you missed earlier posts in this series:

Labels: ,