5 Online Learning Games for Preschoolers



It is hard to believe, but my oldest is starting kindergarten in less than a month! It is a little bittersweet to send him off to 'real' school. Being a stay at home mom, I have been blessed with being able to watch my kids grow and learn here at home every day. I have tried really hard to work with both of them to start their training early. I wanted my son to be fully prepared for kindergarten when he starts in the fall. Children need a great foundation for learning to give them a head start. Did you know that 85% of brain development occurs by age 5?

Online Learning Games for Preschoolers

My son is extremely interested in video games, computer games and pretty much anything to do with electronics. It can be hard to manage his screen time but, I figure, if he is going to be playing these games, I want them to be educational. Find out what your child is interested in and incorporate learning into it. If you can make it a game it can be even better. My son loves video games, so from early on I went on the hunt to find the best free online computer games I could.

Here are my top five picks for free online learning computer games for preschoolers and toddlers:
Starfall: Learn to Read
Fisher Price: Imaginext Dinosaur Interactive Online Puzzles
PBS Kids: Red's Rhyme N' Roll Game
Disney Jr: Goofy's Wild Shoe Round Up
Nick Jr: Blue Answers Your Questions
It is always best to supervise your children when they are viewing content online. It is even better if you can play the games with them and talk about what they are learning. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no more than 2 hours of screen time per day for young children (this includes TV watching, video games and computer time). If you choose high quality learning games, you will feel secure knowing that  the time they are spending online is worthwhile!

As a member of Clever Girls Collective, I was selected to participate in the Healthy Habits program sponsored by Kimberly-Clark and Colgate-Palmolive. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #healthyhabits #cgc


Linked up here:
Not Just a Housewife, Tip Junkie, Sugar Bee Crafts