First Day of School Pictures

My son starts kindergarten in exactly two weeks! Where did the summer go?

Since many of you have kids going back to school soon, I thought I would share with you a fun way to start off the first day of school.

I printed out a sign that said 'PRESCHOOL' on an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of printer paper. I had my son stand outside and took his picture with the sign. This picture was my favorite of the ones we took. He can be so silly sometimes.


We then took his picture in the same spot with the same sign on his last day of preschool. It amazes me that in less than a year he looks so much older. 


We plan on doing the same thing every year on the first and last day of school using a new sign with the grade he is starting and ending. I think it would make a really cute photo book when he goes off to college to see himself and how he grew over the years! I also purposely choose to take his picture in front of our front door. It will be a great reminder to our different houses we will have as he grows up.

You could also do this idea with a chalkboard or dry erase board as well.

What do you do to make the first day of school special? 


Labels: ,