When my son was a baby (about 8 months old) we got a small baby pool to put on our back porch. He loved being in the water and had so much fun. I created this scrapbook layout to showcase his first time in the pool.
I almost never use white paper as a background, but I really love how the orange and blue stand out on the page. I used inspiration from his swim trunks and the blue pool for the colors I chose. The background is just plain, white cardstock. I double matted the main photo in white and orange cardstock. The two other pictures were matted with orange cardstock.
I used matching orange buttons to embellish the page. I created some fun labels for the pictures with my label maker. They say, 'curious', 'happy' and 'relaxed'. The journaling was hand written directly onto the cardstock.
I wanted to create a fun accent to look like the pool he was swimming in, so I hand paper pieced a small pool for the layout. I used my circle cutter to cut a circle ring out of turquoise cardstock. I used blue vellum and cut circles the same size as the ring. I used my special scissors to cut the scalloped edge on the vellum. I just overlapped the pieces to make it look like water. I hand wrote 'water baby' all around the edge of the pool.
If you are using really bold colors, a white background can be a great solution to make those colors stand out! Have you scrapbooked anything lately? Leave a link in the comments - I would love to see it.
Linking up Here:
Labels: scrapbooking, Thomas