Scrapbook Layout: All By Yourself

It was really exciting when my son was first able to eat all by himself. He concentrated so hard on picking up his cheerios. It was definitely a huge feat for him to accomplish!

For this layout, I started with turquoise textured cardstock for my base. I layered different size rectangles of patterned paper. I used turquoise blue paper to mat the photo. I used a coordinating orange paper to create a small tag with a hand written date.

Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Magnolia)
For the title, I used a vellum accent that was pre-printed with the words "all by yourself." I attached the vellum to the page using orange flower shaped brads.


I used a coordinating die cut embellishment to finish off the page. 

Die Cut: My Mind's Eye (Magnolia)

I love using these bright colors. I probably will not be able to get away with using floral paper too much in my son's big boy layouts. For his baby ones I think it works. I love to mix different patterns of paper to create interest on my pages.

What is your favorite item to use when you scrapbook?

Linking up here:
The Shabby Nest, Tatertots and Jello

Labels: