Scrapbook Layout: Sweet Dreams

One of the sweetest pictures you can take of your little one is when they are sleeping. They look so peaceful and content.

This is a layout I did of just one of those moments. I thought he looked so cute with his arms way out to the side.

To create this layout I started with white cardstock. I layered a piece of textured light blue cardstock in the middle of the page. I used my son's favorite blanket (his 'baby') to create the color scheme for the page.


To add interest to the page I used circles to embellish the page. 

I created a fun circle shaker using cardstock, vellum, my sewing machine and a hole punch. I started off by cutting circles from white cardstock and the vellum. I wrote 'sweet dreams little one' in the middle of the white circle using a gel pen. I punched small circles using a standard whole punch from different shades of blue cardstock. I placed all the small circles in the center of the white paper, covered it with the vellum and carefully used my sewing machine to stitch around the circle to attach the vellum to the white cardstock.

I also added a smaller light blue circle from textured cardstock to add the date to my page.


To really define the border between the blue and white paper, I punched many circles out of navy and light blue textured cardstock using a small circle punch. To adhere them to the page, I first lightly glued them down with a glue stick. Once that was dry I stitched through the line with my sewing machine and blue thread.




Did/do you take many pictures of your little one sleeping?

My inspiration for this layout came from Fun with Photos, Memories & More by Creating Keepsakes (Ideas for Everyday, p. 70)

Linking up here:
Clean and Scentsible

Labels: