Happy New Year!
Focus (verb)
to concentrate attention or effort
This year in addition to
writing my resolutions and goals for 2013, I wanted to choose a word for the "why" of what I am doing. I have been thinking for several days about what I want to accomplish this year and the word
'focus' kept jumping out at me.
I tend to be a perfectionist and with that comes disorganization. I know it doesn't seem like the two should go together, but I tend to overwhelm myself with details. This results in a lot of unfinished projects because I can't seem to get all the little particulars just the way I want. I also tend to jump from project to project. No clear focus on what to do next. I sometimes don't start at all because I don't think I can do it just right. My brain is all over the map!
I am great at organizing - other people's things. My own stuff? Not so much. I have been told I should be a professional organizer. I am great at dealing with other people's clutter, but I have piles of crap all over my house! It is so frustrating. And it really is just my stuff, my husband's and kid's items all have a specific place. I guess it is finally time for me to take my own advice!
Also, the word focus jumps out at me because I really do want to focus on what is important this year. What the true priorities in my life are - family, my kids, making my marriage a priority, making time for myself, nurturing my friendships, and growing this little blog of mine into a real business.
I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but I tend to flit around from project to project all day, not really getting anything accomplished. I am excellent at multitasking, but as a result everything suffers because nothing is getting my full attention. I only give my kids partial attention while I am doing laundry or some other household task. I try to blog while watching TV and spending time with my hubby. I tend to pull myself in a million directions not giving anything in my life the attention it deserves.
So this year, I am going to FOCUS! I am going to try to uni-task instead of multitask. I am going to spend more quality, uninterrupted time with my kids and my husband. I am going to focus on myself a little more so that I can have more to give everyone else. I am going to create a routine for my day that allows me time for all of these things. Wish me luck!
To keep myself on track, I created this beautiful calendar using the
2013 Retro Calendars I received from Kristy at
Life-n-Reflection last month. Using photoshop I added two of my favorite pictures from last year - one off my husband and me and a picture of my kids. I changed the words, 'Our Story', to 'Focus' to remind myself of my goal.
You can watch this
Video Tutorial to learn how to clip your photos into the calendar.
Labels: general, Life, life-n-reflection, sponsored post