Enhance Your Photos

One of my goals for this new year is to improve my photography skills. Both in taking the original photos as well as in how I edit them. Looking back over my original blog posts, I can definitely say I have come a long way! But, I am always looking to learn more and find new tips and tricks on how to really make my pictures shine.

I am lucky enough to be an affiliate for Life-n-Reflection. When Kristy offered me the chance this month to try out the Strawberry Kiss Overlays I jumped at the chance to use these beautiful overlays to enhance some photos I have taken this month.

I am still learning the ins and outs of Photoshop Elements. The more I learn, the more I really love it! If you are like me and don't really know what you are doing, Kristy offers a great tutorial on how to use these overlays here: Seasonal Overlay Video Tutorial.

The first photo I started with was of a flower I received in a bouquet from my aunt when she came to visit. This flower is gorgeous and graduates from light pink to darker pink tips.

Here is the original photo I took straight out of the camera:


Now don't let me fool you. This was one of about 10 pictures I took of this flower. This happened to be my favorite shot I took. My piece of advice to you - take a TON of pictures. Especially since almost everyone uses a digital camera now and you don't have to worry about paying for processing film. Try different angles, settings, etc. until you get a shot you like!

After some basic editing, I added two of the overlays - number 1 and 2 (the kit comes with four different overlays).


Isn't that fun? It only takes a few simple clicks and you have this gorgeous picture!

Next, I took a picture I just love of my son looking out the window at the snow. Funny story - this was a day or two after Ground Hog day and we had just found out that Spring would be coming early. So, he says to me, "How can it be snowing (in a very tearful voice)? I thought we were supposed to have an early Spring?" I felt so bad for him that we were not quite there yet! 


This picture turned out really dark. It isn't awful, but not really great either. I again did some basic edits to lighten it up and then I added the number 4 overlay. This picture definitely expresses my love for my little guy!


Another great tool Kristy offers in her shop is her Mini Canvases. I was able to try out the Sweetheart Mini Canvases.


These are great for adding a little something to your photos to really take them to the next level. They are also great for adding to digital scrapbook pages. I printed this beauty out and trimmed around the edges. It is now posted on my bulletin board. I love having beautiful pictures to inspire me while I am working!

Kristy has been sweet enough to offer a free overlay for you to try out for yourself. Isn't it adorable? I need to find some babies to take photos of! Download:  Love Spell Overlay 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest RSS Feed Google+ Email

Disclosure: I am an affiliate for Life-n-Reflection. I receive products to try out and review. All opinions are 100% my own and I only recommend products that I really love myself! 

Sharing here:
Tatertots and Jello

Labels: ,