Celebrate National Pi Day #MCPiDay #spon

Today, March 14, is National Pi Day! 3/14 just like the number π (pi), 3.14 - get it? :)


3.14159265359
You may not know this about me, but I have always been a bit of a science and math nerd. True story. In college I was studying for a degree in biology. After my first semester of college my guidance counselor told me I was finished with all of my math requirements. I was actually pretty sad that I didn't have to take anymore math. In all honesty, if I had more room in my schedule I probably would have taken a few math courses just for fun!

As much as I like math, I 'might' like dessert a little more. Pi day is the perfect excuse day for having a little pie for dessert. It is a fun way to teach your kid's about math while having a special little treat!

I am an excellent baker, but for some reason I cannot bake a pie crust to save my life. (Confession: I always end up having to use store bought crust.) Luckily for me, Marie Callender's makes delicious pies and all the work is done for me. I went to the store, and was suprised by how many choices were there. My favorite is lemon meringue, but my hubby and the kids don't really like it. Instead, I chose a delicious Chocolate Satin Pie.


Can I just tell you this pie is delicious! Super chocolate-y and creamy. Everyone in the family had some and everyone loved it!


Here are some π facts to share with your kids:
(All facts were obtained here)

You can celebrate National Pi Day, too! Enjoy this $1.50 off coupon for any Marie Callender's frozen pies: 
http://clvr.li/WisbJs (coupon expires March 31, 2013)

After you try your pie be sure to head over and rate and review it: http://clvr.li/YbnAp3

You can also check out Marie Callender's blog for party ideas, how-to's and more: http://clvr.li/Ye3AlJ

So tell me, what is your favorite type of pie?
Facebook Twitter Pinterest RSS Feed Google+ Email

Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Labels: