Today, I have a fun activity for you to do with your kids for St. Patrick's Day. Did you know if you cut a green pepper in half it looks very similar to a shamrock shape? It does! Add a little green paint and you have a fun stamping activity for your kids to do.
These pictures are from last year. My kiddos look so little! I never had a chance to blog about this project, although we do plan on doing this again this year since it was so fun.
Supplies Needed:
- Green pepper (1/2 per child)
- Green paint
- Paper plate(s)
- Paper
Start by having an adult cut the green pepper in half. (Do not cut it lengthwise or this project will not work correctly).
Spread some green paint on a paper plate for each child. You can use any kind of paint. We used acrylic paint, but realize if this gets on their clothing it can stain. If you have younger children or are worried about messes, use a washable kid's paint instead.
Now it is time to have fun and let your kids stamp away! If they are older, once the paint is dry you can have them either paint or draw on the shamrock stems.
Whenever we do painting projects, I always use one of our thin plastic cutting boards underneath the kid's papers. This helps to contain some of the mess. The paint doesn't bleed through onto the table and most of the mess is contained. I give them a quick rinse and then through them into the dishwasher.
Do you have any fun St. Patrick's Day crafts you have done with your kids? I would love to hear about it!
Sharing here:
Project Inspire, Sew Many Ways, The Gunny Sack, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Not Just a Housewife, Sugar Bee Crafts, That's What Che Said, Clean and Scentsible, Create, Craft, Love, The 36th Avenue, Tatertots and Jello
Labels: Holiday, Kids