We have two cats and we go through a lot of cat litter in our house. I don't always buy the same kind, but whenever I buy the Tidy Cats jugs, I always feel like I should recycle them and find another use for them.
They are not too big or too small. The last one that I purchased, I easily turned into a watering jug for our garden!
Supplies needed:
- Cat litter jug (or any other plastic container with a handle - a milk jug would work too!)
- Drill with small drill bit
Step One:
Remove label from your container. (This is one reason why I love this container. The label is not printed on the container. It is a thin sheet of plastic-like material you can just tear right off.) Clean out the container at this time as well. Washing with some hot, soapy water should be sufficient.
Step Two:
Using your drill, drill some small holes into the lid. There is no science here, just space them fairly evenly apart until you feel like you have enough to get a good spray pattern from the water. It is best to have a small piece of scrap wood under your lid while drilling so you don't end up drilling through whatever surface you are working on.
I don't have a picture of this, but when you drill into the plastic you will get all these curly cue plastic pieces hanging off your finished piece. Just pull them off and throw them away.
Step Three:
Fill your jug with water, and get all those plants in the garden watered! I fill mine about 3/4 full or else it becomes a little too heavy for me.
Have you found a new, unexpected use for any items in your home lately?
Linking up here:
Live, Laugh, Rowe, The 36th Avenue, Sew Many Ways, Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just a Housewife, Lolly Jane, Clean and Scentsible, Tatertots and Jello, So You Think You're Crafty
Labels: garden, inexpensive, upcycle