Road Trip Game Printables

We are getting ready to go on our big annual camping trip we take every year for Memorial Day weekend. It is a lot of food, fun and friends! We look forward to it every year, although I don't always look forward to the car ride with the kids. It is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive, but the kids can easily get bored and whiny.

I decided to create a road trip binder for each of the kids. I will add to these over time so the kids don't get bored with them and as I have more time, but so far I have two free printables to share with you today.

I am sure there are some of you that played this game as a kid. The 'License Plate Game'. Basically you try to find a license plate from each state. I used images I found on The US50.

License Plate Game
Next up is a 'Road Trip Scavenger Hunt'. You could probably also adapt this to use for bingo as well. My kids are little, so just searching for each of the items on the sheet will definitely keep them busy. This one is somewhat specific to Arizona (since that is where we live). These images are from the Manual of Traffic Signs, by Richard C. Moeur if you wanted to create your own.
Road Trip Scavenger Hunt
I plan on adding each of these to the binders in clear plastic sheet protectors. Each binder will include a dry erase marker and eraser for them to mark off their finds!

Download Road Trip Games:
(These downloads are for personal use only. Please feel free to share, but direct them back to this post.)

Do you have any creative ideas for keeping the kids entertained on long trips?
Facebook Twitter Pinterest RSS Feed Google+ Email
Linking up here:
Sugar Bee Crafts, Lolly Jane, Not Just a Housewife, Tatertots and Jello, That's What Che Said, Homemaker on a Dime, Sew Many Ways, Clean & Scentsible

Labels: ,