Fancy Up Your Photos

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate and design team member for Life-n-Reflection. I have received product to review. All opinions are my own. 

I have always loved taking pictures of nature. We go camping and hiking a lot, so I get a lot of opportunities to take pictures of flowers, animals and beautiful scenery. Now that I have my fancy DSLR camera (thanks hubby!), I have been playing around a lot with my camera trying to teach myself how to shoot in manual mode. I love that cameras are digital now and I can just delete all the outtakes!

One of the things that appealed to me when Kristy, at Life-n-Reflection, contacted me about becoming an affiliate, was all her beautiful photography overlays. I use Photoshop Elements to edit my photos and with Kristy's overlays I can create some really cool effects with my photos.

This month I was sent the Primrose Overlays.


I have three pictures I used the overlays on. First up is a picture of a butterfly we found fishing last weekend on our camping trip. Here is the picture I took:


I added the Primrose Overlay 4 and lowered the opacity to 65%. Here is the after:


The next two set of pictures are of yellow flowers we saw on a previous camping trip, as well. I love that my new camera takes great close-ups.


I added the lomo camera effect using one of the pre-installed actions in Photoshop Elements.


Lastly, I added the Primrose Overlay 3 and lowered the opacity again.


The next picture was the group of flowers we saw.


I added the Primrose Overlay 2 and lowered the opacity to about 35%.


All of the before pictures are straight out of the camera without any editing other than some minor cropping. I cannot believe how much better my pictures are with my DSLR than my old point and shoot. If you are thinking about getting into photography, I definitely think it is worth the investment!

I also received the Wonderland Polaroids


I thought it would be fun to use them to make a scrapbook page of our latest camping trip. I used My Memories Suite software to create the page. (There is a link for a discount for this software in my sidebar.)


Stop by and visit Life-n-Reflection and tell Kristy I sent you! 

Blog / Shop / Facebook 

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Google+ RSS Feed Email

Labels: , ,